​​Forms for Landlords

All forms are PDF and may be download and printed for your use.  You can return the forms to KHA using email or our fax number.

Become a Housing Choice Voucher (HVC) Landlord

Anyone wishing to rent to a person with a Section 8/HCV voucher should indicate in their advertising that they welcome Section 8/HCV voucher-holders. KHA has a bulletin board for landlords to list available properties. Section 8 voucher-holders are referred to this board when searching for available housing.     

Landlords must screen the Section 8 voucher-holder just as you would any other prospective tenant. The rent requested for the unit must be reasonable as compared to similar unassisted units in the area.   

The unit must pass a Housing Quality Standards (HQS) inspection before a Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) Contract is approved and rental assistance is paid by KHA. Landlords must comply with the terms of the HAP Contract and applicable regulations. Landlords must also enforce their lease, ensure the unit continues to comply with HQS requirements, and collect the tenant’s portion of rent. 

Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Landlords 

Landlords in the Housing Choice Voucher program provide families with a healthy, safe and affordable place to live. The dwelling unit must pass Housing Quality Standards and be maintained up to those standards as long as the owner receives housing assistance payments. In addition, the landlord is expected to provide the services agreed to as part of the lease signed with the tenant and the contract signed with KHA.

Browse Online or Call Us at –254-634-5243

​​Frequently ​Asked Questions

Killeen Housing Authority


I am a landlord and my tenant has not paid their portion of the rent. What do I do?

Take the same action against the assisted tenant that you would take against an unassisted tenant. KHA is not a party to the lease, and therefore, has no authority to enforce it. However, serious lease violations, such as non-payment of rent, are cause for KHA to terminate a family’s participation in the program. Please notify KHA in writing when serious lease violations occur and when legal action has been taken against an assisted tenant.

I am a landlord and have not received my housing assistance payment from KHA. Who do I contact?

Please call  (254) 634-5243 ext. 112 to speak with a Housing Program Payment Specialist.

Benefits of Participating in the Housing Choice Voucher Program:

  • You will be providing affordable housing to Killeen families
  • Guaranteed rent check for approximately 60 to 70 percent of the rent
  • You are able to use your own lease (must be 1 year lease)
  • Free advertising for your available properties
  • Free annual inspections of your unit
  • Units receive payments at market rate rents